The Fair Hollow, originally by Ted Baldock, updated by Christina Evans
A brief introduction and guide to the history and fabric of the church of St Mary’s in Panteg, Torfaen, S Wales. This delightful quick read traces the changing role of the church from a rural parish to one encompassing the Industrial Revolution, and the more recent changes in church affiliations. It introduces the incumbents since the fourteenth century, including notables such as Adam of Usk, and notes their contribution to the church and parish. Full of colour images of features such as the glorious east window and the unusual octagonal pillars. It includes a brief description of the churchyard and the memorial stones, the earliest of which is dated 1769. A very useful and interesting publication for locals and church historians alike.